Saturday, September 26, 2015

Going Apples with Fingerplays, Poems, Rhymes, Songs, Stories Games Lists & FREEBIES! SWEEEEEEET!!! Part 2


Welcome to our Going Apples Fingerplays, Poems, Rhymes, Songs, Stories Games Lists & FREEBIES Part 2!



If you have not as of yet reviewed our Going Apples Fingerplays, Poems, Rhymes, Songs, Stories Games Lists & FREEBIES Part 1, you will NOT want to miss our on ALL of our FREEBIES, so check 'em out: 

Going Apples Part 1





Apple Song List

A Little Appleseed
Sing to: Itsy, Bitsy Spider

Once a little appleseed was planted in the ground,
Down came the raindrops, falling all around.
Out came the big sun, bright as bright could be,
And that little apple seed grew to be an apple tree! 






All Around the Apple Tree 
Sing to: Mulberry Bush

Here we go round the apple tree, the apple tree, the apple tree.
Here we go around the apple tree,
On a frosty morning.

More verses:
This is the way we climb the ladder
-pick the apples
-wash the apples
-peel the apples
-cook the apples




Apple Adjectives
by C.S. Calkins 

For language arts incorporation, make 11 apples using some of my freebie mini pack printables or make your own. Then write the following apple adjectives, one on each apple:

crisp. crunchy, smooth, round, green, shiny, fresh, sour, red and sweet.
Pick a child to point to an apple adjective and read it. Next sing the word to the tune of BINGO.

I have an apple in my hand and it looks very crisp.
C-R-I-S-P,
C-R-I-S-P,
C-R-I-S-P,
My apple it tastes crispy.
I have an apple in my hand and it looks very crunchy.
Crunch-crunch-crunch-crunchy,
Crunch-crunch-crunch-crunchy,
Crunch-crunch-crunch-crunchy,
My apple it tastes crunchy.

I have an apple in my hand and it feels very smooth.
It feels very smooth,
It feels very smooth,
It feels very smooth,
My apple it feels smooth.

I have an apple in my hand and it looks very round.
R-O-U-N-D,
R-O-U-N-D,
R-O-U-N-D,
My apple it is round.

I have an apple in my hand and it looks very green.
G-R-E-E-N,
G-R-E-E-N,
 G-R-E-E-N.
My apple it is green.

I have an apple in my hand and it is very shiny.
S-H-I-N-Y,
S-H-I-N-Y,
S-H-I-N-Y,
My apple it is shiny.

I have an apple in my hand and it smells very fresh.
F-R-E-S-H,
F-R-E-S-H,
F-R-E-S-H,
My apple it smells fresh.

I have an apple, it is green and it is very sour.
Sour apples, they are green,
Sour apples, they are green,
Sour apples, they are green,
My apple it tastes sour.

I have an apple in my hand and it looks very red.
Red, red, R-E-D,
Red, red, R-E-D,
Red, red, R-E-D,
My apple it is red

I have an apple in my hand and it is very sweet.
S-W-E-E-T,
S-W-E-E-T,
S-W-E-E-T,
My apple it tastes sweet.




Apple is it's Name
To go along with the song make single apple cards  using one of my mini packs above or your own apple cut-outs. Make five cards with a whole apple on the front.  Write 'a' on one apple, 'p' on another, 'p' on the 3rd apple, 'l' on the 4th, and e on the 5th. On the back of the 'a' card put an apple with one bite cut out of it. On the back of the first 'p' card put an apple with two bites cut out of it. Continue with three, four, and five bites. As you sing the song have your babes turn over the apple cards to reveal the bites.

Sing to: B-I-N-G-O

I know a fruit that's good to eat and apple is its name, oh.
A-p-p-l-e, a-p-p-l-e, a-p-p-l-e,
And apple is its name, oh.

I know a fruit that's good to eat and apple is its name, oh.
Crunch-p-p-l-e, crunch-p-p-l-e, crunch-p-p-l-e,
and apple is its name, oh.

I know a fruit that's good to eat and apple is its name, oh.
Crunch-crunch-p-l-e, crunch-crunch-p-l-e, crunch-crunch-p-l-e,
and apple is its name, oh.

I know a fruit that's good to eat and apple is its name, oh.
Crunch-crunch-crunch-l-e, crunch-crunch-crunch l-e, crunch-crunch-crunch-l-e-,
and apple is its name, oh.

I know a fruit that's good to eat and apple is its name oh.
Crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch-e, crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch-e, crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch-e,
and apple is its name, o.

I know a fruit that's good to eat and apple is its name, oh.
Crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch, crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch,
Crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch-crunch
and apple is its name, o.



Applesauce
Sing to: Yankee Doodle
Peel an apple,
Cut it up,
Cook it in a pot.
When you taste it,
You will find,
It is applesauce you've got!





Apple Tree
Sing to: Twinkle, Twinkle

Apple, apple tree so tall,
I can hardly wait till fall!
When your apples I can pick,
Fill my basket, eat them quick.
Apple, apple tree so tall,
I can hardly wait till fall!
Apple ,apple tree so fair,
What do I see growing there!
Green and round and plump and sweet,
Soon they will be good to eat.
Apple, apple tree so fair,
What do I see growing there!






Apple Up High
Sing to: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Apple, apple, way up high,
I can reach you if I try.
Climb a ladder,
Hold on tight.
Pick you quickly,
Take a bite. 


Apples are Falling
Sing to: Are You Sleeping?
Apples are falling, apples are falling,
From the tree, from the tree.
Pick up all the apples, pick up all the apples,
One. two, three; one, two, three.
(Use appropriate motions or actions) 





Applesauce

Sing to: Yankee Doodle

Peel an apple, Cut it up;

 Cook it in a pot.

When you taste it

You will find,

It's applesauce you've got!
 


Do You Know the Apple Man?
Sing to: the Muffin Man

Oh, do you know the apple man,
The apple man,
The apple man?
Oh, do you know the apple man,
Who likes to play with me?
Oh, he has a great big smile,
A great big smile,
A great big smile.
Oh, he has a great big smile,
And likes to play with me.
Ask the children if they can make up other verses about the apple man.




Gather Apples
Sing to: Rock-a-bye Baby 

Here is a tree with leaves so green.  (forearms together, elbows to wrists, hands spread) 
Here are the apples that hang between. (clench fists for apples) 
When the wind blows the apples will fall. (wave arms in the wind and let apples fall suddenly) 
Here is a basket to gather them all.  (make a basket with both hands, fingers interlocked)





Have You Ever Seen an Apple?

Sing to: Have You Ever Seen A Lassie?
Have you ever seen an apple, an apple, an apple,
Have you ever seen an apple, that grows on a tree?
A red one, a yellow one, a red one, a yellow one.
Have you ever seen an apple, that grows on a tree?



Look at the Apple

Sing to: The Mulberry Bush
Look at the apple I have found,
So fat and rosy on the ground.
Mother will wash it and cut it in two,
Half for me and half for you.





Picking Apples
Sing to: Frere Jacques 

Picking apples, picking apples,
One by one, one by one.
I love picking apples, I love picking apples!
One by one, one by one.




Ten Red Apples
Sing to: Ten Little Indians 

One red, two read, three red apples,
Four red, five red, six red apples,
seven red, eight red, nine red apples, Ten red apples
Additional Verses: Yellow, Green; Big, Little 



Two Red Apples

Sing to: This Old Man
Way up high, in a tree, (raise hands over head)
Two red apples smiled at me. (smile)
So I shook that tree as har-r-rd as I could, (pretend to shake tree)
Down came the apples, Ummm, they were good!!!! (rub tummy)

If you do not want to download each of the above mini packs, you can get our entire Apple poems, rhymes, fingerplays and songs list compiled in one giant pack. Complete with accompanying teaching pictures for your classroom apple language arts activities from our AKGVH Teacher's Notebook Store:

If you would like to watch apple video rhymes, songs and other apple stories, here are some youtube links to enjoy with your babes: 

A is for Apple 


An Apple a Day Rhyme




Apple Fruit Rhyme: 






Apple Finger Family Cartoon Nursery Rhymes For Children 

Apple Finger Family




Big Apple Tree






Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree - Andrew Sisters:




I like Apples:




I Wish I Were an Apple: 




If I Were an Apple:




Red, Red Apples: 







Ten Apples Up On Top Song: 



Two Little Apples: 




Way Up High in the Apple Tree: 




Apple Game List


Apple Counting
Glue a felt tree shape to each of five cardboard squares. Write a number from 1 to 5 under each tree. Cut fifteen apple shapes out of felt. To play the game, have the children take turns identifying the numbers below the trees and placing the corresponding numbers of apples on them.

Apple Shaped Math Mats

This game may be played with an entire class or just a few children. Make as many of these Apple mats as your class needs, one for each child. Cut out a large apple shaped piece out of red, green or yellow felt, a stem out of brown felt, a leaf out of green felt the later two size appropriate. Glue them onto each apple. Out of white felt cut out a star shaped section and glue in the middle of each apple. For seeds, you can either cut out 12 seeds for each apple from black felt, or you can use real seeds or black beads. 
Children roll a die and place that number of seeds in each section. Then write the addition or multiplication problem that represents the number of seeds in that apple.


Counting Apple Seeds
Cut out 10 red and 10 yellow tagboard apples. On each of the yellow draw one to ten seeds in the center using a black marker. Number the red apples from one to ten identify the number on the red apples and place on the yellow apples. Laminate them. Have the children match the corresponding apple numbers.

 Hungry Monster
Make a monster with a big mouth opening out of a box. Then tell a story about the apple monster who lives in a far away orchard. This monster is so hungry he has to be fed with apples or he will eat us up. Have your babes roll apples into the monster's mouth. The one who feeds the monster the most apples wins!






Orchard Relays

Materials Needed:
Large Trees
Apples
Bowls
Tape
Timer 

Directions:
Make a large tree, one for each child or team. Next give each child an apple made from red, green or yellow construction paper or tag board. Laminate them. Have them write their names and something they are thankful for onto their apples. Divide class into teams. The teams line up in single file, opposite their tree. Between the teams and their trees is a simple obstacle course with four or five obstacles. There could be a table to go under; chairs to weave in and out of; an old blanket to wriggle under or a skipping rope to jump over - the choice is yours! Place the cut out apples in a bowl, one for each child. Set a timer and on the GO, the children or teams will grab an apple from their bowl, run the obstacle course to their tree, tape the apple on, then race back to tag off to the next player on their team or gets another apple and repeats until all their apples are taped on their tree. First child or team to place all their apples onto their apple tree is the winning team!





Pass the Apple
Play "Pass the Apple" like hot potato. When the music stops, whoever is holding the apple, goes into the "apple pot" which is the center of the circle. When all the "apples" are in the pot, have your babes make applesauce. Stir (children turn), add sugar, add cinnamon, etc, to taste(children shake). When baking, your babes will giggle a lot when they start to bubble.




Apple Jump Rope Rhyme List

Apple Cider Sticks

Apple cider sticks,
It makes me sick,
It makes my heart go two forty six,

Not because I'm dirty,
Not because I'm clean,
Just because I kissed a boy,
Behind a magazine,

Hey girls, Wanna have some fun,
Here comes ________,
With his/her pants undone,

He/she can wiggle,
He/she can jiggle,
He/she can even do the splitz,
But I betcha 5 bucks he/she can't do this,

Close your eyes and count to 10,
If you mess up, Start all over again! 



Apple On A Stick
Apple on a stick, apple on a stick
I can lick it all day and not get sick.
Apple in a cup, apple in a cup
I can drink it all day and not fill up.
Apple in a crunch, apple in a crunch
I can eat it all day, it is so good to munch
Apple in a cake, apple in a cake
I can eat it all day with no tummy ache
Apple in a pie, apple in a pie
I can eat it all day and never cry.
Apple in a dish, apple in a dish
I can eat it all day, it's so delish!

 
This is the way we recited the above jump rope rhyme when I was a child in the 50's & 60's:

Apple on a stick,
It makes me sick,
It makes my stomach go two forty six,

Not because it's dirty,
Not because it's clean,
Not because I kissed a boy,
Behind a magazine.

Hey girls, Here comes ________ (name of a girl)
In a tight, tight skirt.

She can wiggle,
She can wabble,
She can even do the splitz,
But I betcha 5 bucks he/she can't do this,

Jump out, then back in and count until you miss. Then the next child jumps to the rhyme.



Grandpa's Apple Farm
I went down to grandpa’s farm,
Billy goat chased me round the barn.
Chased me up the apple tree,
Butted the tree to get at me.
How many apples round and red,
Fell on that old billy goat’s head?
1, 2, 3, etc.




Here are two more Apple games on You Tube to play with your babes:

The Count Counts Apples on Sesame Street: 

 
Where's the Apple?




  Well, that is all the rhyme and game fun I have gathered through the decades for my babes. They have enjoyed learning and acting out generation after generation and so will yours!







And now for our last Apple Pack FREEBIE! These adorable vintage coloring pages from my personal collection at our AKGVH Teacher's Dojo Store: 

Vintage Apple Coloring Pages Mini Pack FREEBIE! 







We hope you enjoy our Apple activity list fun as much as we do every apple season. Once again, if you have any rhymes, poems, songs, stories, etc that are not listed here, share them in our comments section below! Also sign up for our monthly newsletter for MORE vintage fun from the days of yesteryear.  See you soon!

C.S. Calkins
© 2015 C.S. Calkins All Rights Reserved 
© 2020 C.S. Calkins All Rights Reserved

Meet us and others at our FAV linky parties:







Pre-K & K Community


I was featured for Tot School!


“Mrs.AOK,


Create Link Inspire







Best Mom Advice



Teaching Blog Addict


Creative Crochet Workshop


No comments:

Post a Comment